What I've been up to
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Computing Geospatial Analyst, U-Spatial (June 2018–present)
Graduate Faculty, Master of Geographic Information Science Program (May 2019–present)
Research Assistant, U-Spatial (August 2015–May 2015)
- Develop geodesign tools to support collaborative landscape planning processes.
- Create web-based maps and applications for long-term projects and on an ad hoc basis.
- Work collaboratively to install, configure, test, and maintain ArcGIS Enterprise and PostgreSQL services. Write privilege management documentation for PostgreSQL.
- Offer guidance to other staff on web standards. Assist with web technologies (client and server) to support other projects.
- Manage the U-Spatial GitHub:Enterprise organization. Support the use of GitHub by through training and guidance.
- Respond to U-Spatial help desk inquiries.
Teaching Assistant, Department of Geography, Environment & Society (January 2017–May 2017)
- Develop lab materials for new course, Principles of Geocomputing, in Python.
- Lead biweekly lab sessions, maintain office hours, respond to student questions, and grade assignments of 26 students.
- Create lab and lecture material to educate students on programming standards (e.g., PEP 8) and coding consistency.
Web Developer and Systems Manager, University Relations (February 2007–June 2015)
- Design, develop, and maintain database-driven web applications.
- Work with other developers, designers, writers, stakeholders, and clients on a wide rangeof electronic communications projects. Serve as project manager for small-scale projects. Collaborate with other units to evaluate and improve offerings.
- Serve on the Office of Information Technology’s Technology Review Board. Evaluate hardware, software, and SaaS solutions being considered by University units for alignment with existing enterprise technologies and standards.
- Provide process consulting and best practices education to communicators and technical staff throughout the University.
- Provide technical support for the University’s enterprise mass email product.
Helpline Consultant/Trainer, Office of Information Technology (January 2004–February 2007)
- Collaboratively develop and offer software training to University students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide contracted desktop support to the University’s central communications office.
- Offer technical support to walk-in, phone, and email contacts for University network, telecommunications, enterprise financial, human resources, student, and other systems.
St. Paul Public Schools ISD 625, St. Paul, MN
Technical User Support I, Hayden Heights Elementary & Frost Lake Magnet School (August 2001–January 2004)
- Responsible for on-site operating system, software, hardware, and peripheral support for Windows and Macintosh computers at two elementary schools.
- Offer additional support for building network and file servers, working with district staff at the central office.
- Implement web-based applications to aid in required reporting and streamline existing processes.
- Write documentation and provide training opportunities for staff.
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Master of Geographic Information Science (MGIS), May 2018
Bachelor of Arts, May 2001
Major: Mathematics, with emphases in statistics and applied mathematics
Minor: Computer Science
Experienced: Java, Perl, PHP, shell scripting
Software & Services
Experienced: QGIS, R, Trimble eCognition, Leaflet, OpenLayers, GeoServer, Jupyter Notebook, Apache HTTP Server, NGINX, Microsoft IIS, MySQL, Oracle Database, D3.js, Drupal, WordPress
Proficient: Windows, macOS, Linux
Esri Development Center Student of the Year, University of Minnesota (2017)
Middleton Good Neighbor Award (1997)
MN GIS/LIS Conference Committee, 2018–2019